The moving target of OS support

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Wed Aug 12 02:17:58 UTC 2015

We did. C++14 was completely unnecessary and the reason why you can't
build Mir on our latest LTS today (without PPAs etc). The change to the
code was mostly cosmetic. Yes, that did make our lives slightly easier
in parts, but to what cost? If the cost is that some great developers
using trusty never get involved in Mir then I think it's too high.