The moving target of OS support

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Fri Aug 7 03:35:41 UTC 2015

All,

In the past we've made decisions to adopt new language variants and
dependencies for Mir that meant only users on the latest Ubuntu release
could build the latest Mir code. And if the latest Ubuntu release means
the pre-release then we're probably excluding most Ubuntu users from
being able to build the Mir code and getting involved.

In early development that's fine, but I'm wondering if we can agree to
aim for some solidification. For example, should we say that after
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is released all Ubuntu releases thereafter should be
usable for doing development on Mir? Or just the latest LTS plus the
latest release (ie. follow the Ubuntu support schedule)?

- Daniel