Qt Quick, input processing, and blogposts

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Mon Sep 15 02:20:28 UTC 2014

How very timely. That's exactly the "touch responsiveness" enhancement
that we just released in Mir 0.7.0 on 1 September :)

And in fact, the scenario discussed in the blog is exactly what the new
test case "rendering_does_not_lag_behind_input" covers:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mir-team/mir/development-branch/revision/1875/tests/unit-tests/client/input/test_android_input_receiver.cpp

Of course, now we're used to it already it's hard to remember that touch
was more laggy before Mir 0.7. But there are other improvements
elsewhere in Mir we can still make to reduce that further in future...