First impression on 14.10

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Oct 3 21:17:53 UTC 2014

Cemil Azizoglu wrote:
> Thanks a lot for trying. I wasn't aware of the Xorg issue you've
> experienced.

It sounds a lot like the issue I encountered with XMir on 14.04: things would
run nice and smooth, but after a while Xorg would get into this state with 100%
CPU.  Not immediately, but invariably after a while.

I thought I'd reported it, but now that I look I can't find how or where. :-(  I
suppose I could have a go at reinstalling the in-archive XMir now and see how it
goes.

System is a ThinkPad T420 with Intel graphics.