next mir 0.2.0

Cemil Azizoglu cemil.azizoglu at canonical.com
Wed May 14 02:08:39 UTC 2014

In general, I wonder if the following makes sense :

- if the new content is causing ABI/API breaks, we should promote pretty
soon after it's in devel. Hopefully, that won't happen so often. If/when it
does, we don't want to sit on it for long.
        o To minimize breaks (and releases), if we are expecting work items
that will cause breaks, we should (try to) schedule them to be completed as
a batch around the same time, so they can all be promoted together.
- If there are no API/ABI breaks, we can accumulate some commits and
release at regular intervals (say, monthly?).
- If content is requested/needed externally, we promote ASAP.

-Cemil

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Alberto Aguirre <
alberto.aguirre at canonical.com> wrote:

> Yeah at least 1) should be in there.
>

> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Kevin Gunn <kevin.gunn at canonical.com>wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>> Just a poll for feedback.
>> Its been a while since our 0.1.9, and since we keep devel up to snuff for
>> promotion to trunk we could pull at any time. Some might feel like we
>> should promote now. But I feel the next promotion should probably wait for
>> the following to land on devel:
>> 1) the improved "non-blocking swap" (which is really deterministic swap),
>> which is this branch lp:~raof/mir/1hz-rendering-always
>> 2) the custom input dispatcher which is being broken up and landed in
>> multiple branches, but represented by wip branch here
>> lp:~andreas-pokorny/mir/input-sender-split
>> 3) any support of trusted session, which i think it covered by this
>> branch
>> lp:~alan-griffiths/mir/TrustSessionHelper-gets_pid_when_trusted_client_connects_over_fd
>>
>> Reason being, promotion isn't hard but always takes a while & all of
>> these are relatively along the path of being developed and pre-requisites
>> for other things (display blank policy movement to usc, enabling Qt comp,
>> end to end trusted session/app content sharing)
>> feel free to cmiiaw on any of the branch references.
>> Thoughts on waiting a bit for 0.2.0 ?
>> br,kg
>>
>> --

Cemil Azizoglu