next mir 0.2.0

Kevin Gunn kevin.gunn at canonical.com
Tue May 13 22:16:52 UTC 2014

hi all,
Just a poll for feedback.
Its been a while since our 0.1.9, and since we keep devel up to snuff for
promotion to trunk we could pull at any time. Some might feel like we
should promote now. But I feel the next promotion should probably wait for
the following to land on devel:
1) the improved "non-blocking swap" (which is really deterministic swap),
which is this branch lp:~raof/mir/1hz-rendering-always
2) the custom input dispatcher which is being broken up and landed in
multiple branches, but represented by wip branch here
lp:~andreas-pokorny/mir/input-sender-split
3) any support of trusted session, which i think it covered by this branch
lp:~alan-griffiths/mir/TrustSessionHelper-gets_pid_when_trusted_client_connects_over_fd

Reason being, promotion isn't hard but always takes a while & all of these
are relatively along the path of being developed and pre-requisites for
other things (display blank policy movement to usc, enabling Qt comp, end
to end trusted session/app content sharing)
feel free to cmiiaw on any of the branch references.
Thoughts on waiting a bit for 0.2.0 ?
br,kg