More quality quality

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Tue May 13 03:52:38 UTC 2014

All,

I'd like (in the somewhat distant future) for us to be able to run Mir's
tests under helgrind [1] so that we can automatically detect races in
continuous integration.

It's not going to be a short journey, as there's a fair amount of errors
to fix yet. They're mostly benign but the noise easily hides real bugs.
So in the mean time, if you write any new code that crosses multiple
threads, please try to run your individual test cases under helgrind and
check no new races are being introduced.

[1] valgrind --tool=helgrind

- Daniel