Clients reading their surface position on screen

Christopher James Halse Rogers chris at cooperteam.net
Wed Jul 23 03:05:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Thomi Richards
<thomi.richards at canonical.com> wrote:
…

> This may, or may not all be true, but none of it helps solve the
> problem :)
>

> I think this conversation is drifting away from the original point.
> Are there any strong objections to making the existing Qt API "just
> work" on mir?

Fundamentally I think the strong objection is that we cannot make the
Qt API work *in general*. There is not necessarily a 1-1 mapping of
client-coordinate-space to screen-space.

Much of the time there will be such a mapping, but we'd prefer to not
expose an API that's going to mysteriously fail some of the time.