Clients reading their surface position on screen

Thomas Voß thomas.voss at canonical.com
Tue Jul 22 08:01:50 UTC 2014

Hey all,

so reading Gerry's initial mail, it seems to me that autopilot does
not actually want to deal with absolute screen coordinates (and take
on the burden of figuring out multi-monitor, multi-dpi cases on its
own) but instead wants to say: Please Mr. Mir, for this surface with
ID id, send an event of type Y with these attributes. Where Y is most
likely touch events and the attributes are surface-relative
coordinates. With that, we can leverage the existing mir logic, while
keeping AP free of global knowledge.

Cheers,

  Thomas