Improving next_buffer() rpc

Kevin DuBois kevin.dubois at canonical.com
Wed Jul 9 16:29:38 UTC 2014

Alberto pointed out a gap in my suggestion #2/#6, which is that the client
wouldn't have a way of getting ownership of the additional buffers. So
maybe that idea (#2/#6) should become:

rpc exchange_buffer(Buffer) returns (Buffer)
rpc allocate_additional_buffer(Void) returns (Buffer)
rpc remove_additional_buffer(Buffer) returns (Void)

This still would have the submission happen on the exchange call, but make
additional buffer allocations more explicit than the #5 idea.