Mir in a virtual machine

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Wed Jan 22 01:44:06 UTC 2014

Rian,

VMware (Thomas Hellstrom) has implemented Mir support. Apparently you
need kernel 3.13 for the requisite graphics driver DRM changes. And you
need a newish Mesa.

I don't think anyone has documented the particulars yet. But we
certainly should at least by the time regular Ubuntu (trusty?) has all
the prerequisites in place.

- Daniel