Testing desktop Mir/Xmir on 14.04

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Feb 15 16:42:42 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I've been running 14.04 development version for a while, and thought I'd have a
look at the Mir/XMir packages and see how they're getting on.

I've installed unity-system-compositor and mir-demos, but unlike Saucy this
doesn't seem to activate unity-system-compositor; there appear to be no
additions to lightdm.conf.d.

I know that 14.04 will have X by default, and with 14.10 the goal is to have
Unity 8 direct on Mir, but is there any interest at all in having us as users
try out Unity 7 on XMir?  And if so -- how to get it up and running?

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe