testing help: Qt5.2 gui thread & Mir non-blocking eglswapbuffers

Kevin Gunn kevin.gunn at canonical.com
Wed Apr 16 22:19:00 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Some of you may have been following the various threads on the "Qt5.2
queuing events when screen is off" bug through any of the following:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1292306
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg07458.html

Short summary on the conclusion, we're working on altering Mir to not block
on swapbuffers in the instance of occluded apps & screen off and relying on
the shell to enforce the toolkit side channel to halt rendering.

Given that this is a significant behavioral change we're taking a
systematic approach and hoping to get some additional testing and
road-milage before landing. At the moment we have branches available which
to deliver the desired change. We welcome anyone who would like to help out
by testing... and if you'd like to help, please follow this wiki I threw
together.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mir/NonBlockingSwapTesting

br, kg