Update Known Issues on Mir installation page?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Sep 10 07:13:46 UTC 2013

On 10/09/13 03:38, Daniel van Vugt wrote:
> Compiz CPU usage is most certainly not related to Mir in any way. It generally
> trends with screen "damage" which is when any part of the screen changes. Compiz
> CPU is however significantly impacted by the relatively large and complex
> unityshell plugin that runs inside it. And unityshell does affect the damage
> calculations too. But still, that's all not related to Mir.

I'd assumed it was Mir/XMir related somewhere along the way simply because I
wasn't getting the same extreme behaviour if I disabled unity-system-compositor
and went back to pure X.

But whatever the cause, updates in the last 24 hours seem to have greatly
reduced or maybe even eliminated the problem.  Which is nice. :-)