Mir bug importance

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Tue Sep 10 02:31:34 UTC 2013

Kevin Gunn, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way we were using bugs was
Critical = Needs to be fixed for 13.10 release.

[1] refers to the Ubuntu bug importances, not project bug importances. The
reason for that page is there was inconsistency between different Ubuntu
packages. As an upstream project, I don't think we have to follow these

When you change the importance, Launchpad has the following description for
each value:

Undecided - Not decided yet. Maybe needs more discussion.
Critical - Fix now or as soon as possible.
High - Schedule to be fixed soon.
Medium - Fix when convenient, or schedule to fix later.
Low - Fix when convenient.
Wishlist - Not a bug. It's an enhancement/new feature.

Which I think are good guides for how we should use them. i.e. Critical =
fix now, regardless of how much damage the actual bug causes. A missing
feature that needs to be done before release could be critical, or a
feature that's blocking other teams.

Note, I really don't understand the above definition for Medium, especially
how it compares to Low :)