Mir bug importance

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Tue Sep 10 02:07:22 UTC 2013

All,

As we focus on the most severe bugs, it's worth discussing what bug
severity actually is. I don't want to confuse everyone with a detailed
examination/discussion/argument. But to start with, I think we need to
agree on what "Critical" means...

Normally critical means that the system is unusable [1]. Good examples
of definitely critical bugs are:

"Mir/unity-system-compositor fails to start: Error opening DRM device"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1206633

"[radeon] Graphic glitches and screen corruption (vertical lines) on
XMir surfaces only"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1218815

These are bugs which prevent the machine from being usable. But if it's
not that bad, then please consider marking bugs as High or Medium.

- Daniel

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance