Enhancements as opposed to bugs

Michał Sawicz michal.sawicz at canonical.com
Tue Oct 15 14:09:37 UTC 2013

On 15.10.2013 16:04, Daniel d'Andrada wrote:

> Bugs and new features are, on a slighly higher level, the same thing:
> work that has to be done on some piece of software, according to some
> specs, with a target milestone, an assignee, a given priority, a state
> (in progress, new, commited, released), a discussion around it, etc.
>
> At my previous job we had different systems for those (bugs and
> features) for a long time and it was awesome when we finally started
> using only one (the bug tracker, but tweaked a bit to better accommodate
> those two kinds of tasks) for everything. I think it's just natural to
> do so.

I believe the biggest problem with launchpad in that regard is that
"Wishlist" is the lowest priority (Importance) level. You can't make an
enhancement higher priority than a bug, that's why some clear
distinguishing between a bug and a feature would be nice indeed.

--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz at canonical.com>
Canonical Services Ltd.