Untangling EventHub/InputReader

Daniel d'Andrada daniel.dandrada at canonical.com
Wed Nov 13 11:27:09 UTC 2013

On 12/11/13 21:57, Christopher James Halse Rogers wrote:
> I think we might have different stages of cooking here :). I want the
> events leaving EventHub to be a usefully accurate representation of the
> user's interaction with the input device. There are further stages of
> cooking needed after that - possibly you want to scale to screen size,
> then you want the shell to work out whether it needs to handle them,
> then you need to identify the client to send the events to, then you
> need to translate them into client space using some pretty arbitrary
> projective transform.

On the "need to identify the client to send the events to, then you need
to translate them into client space using some pretty arbitrary
projective transform" part: that would be done by the qml scene in the
shell (unity8), right? (gerry's qt scene graph plan) As that scene will
have qml items representing client windows.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page.

- Daniel