Mir on vmwgfx

Alexandros Frantzis alexandros.frantzis at canonical.com
Wed Nov 6 10:01:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 09:08:11AM +0100, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
> I'm trying to tell you this as politely as I can, but I urge you to
> rework this path.

OK, hint taken. I will investigate what's involved in using shmem
instead of dumb buffers in Mir, and also what the performance
implications are.

In any case, feel free to ignore the "software" buffer case, since one
way or the other it shouldn't affect the driver (e.g. we may temporarily
add the dumb buffer fallback, until shmem is supported). Plus, you won't
trigger this path anyway unless you run a client that asks for
"software" buffers.

Thanks,
Alexandros