Mir client library thread safety

Thomi Richards thomi.richards at canonical.com
Fri May 24 04:37:00 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I found another thread safety issue in mir - this time in the client
library. There's a detailed bug reported here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1183659

I started fixing the code myself, but My C/C++ is a little rusty. My fix is
here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~thomir/mir/fix-client-thread-race

The fix seems to work (for my mir-stress test suite anyway), but I had
problems fixing the failing tests.

It's now end-of-week for me, so I'd appreciate it if someone from the US or
Europe could take a look at the bug and my branch and confirm that I've
correctly identified the issue, and perhaps shepherd a fix into trunk.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers,
--
Thomi Richards