Include directory structure, and installation packages

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at
Wed Mar 27 03:16:56 UTC 2013

OK, a definition of "toolkit" with respect to client headers was given
on the hangout last night. That is anything intended to support
/toolkit/ ports (Qt, GTK etc).

It seems the confusion has arisen because "toolkit" in the client
headers is being used to encompass things that are not
"toolkit"-specific at all. That's what I would like to see fixed.

Firstly, it is possible and even desirable to write native Mir apps
without a "toolkit". Not just the examples we have now, but games are
great examples. The "game" use case is never going away, and hopefully
will arrive ASAP.

Secondly, "toolkit" is a broad word that could arguably be applied to
/any/ API or set of APIs. I would rather we used words that are better
at identifying the subject matter like "client" and "server". But there
must be others...