clang in jenkins

Martin Mrazik martin.mrazik at
Tue Mar 26 08:15:06 UTC 2013

On 03/26/2013 03:04 AM, Robert Ancell wrote:
> I'm also -1 on requiring clang for landing - we shouldn't block on clang
> generating errors. GCC/Ubuntu are our platforms and anything else at the
> time is a bonus.
> I do vote a +1 for option 3 below. If Jenkins could say "approved but
> has clang errors" then that would be a useful indicator of future problems.

>>> 3. keep clang in ci but remove from autolanding

Just a small clarification -- this means that CI would still vote "Needs
Fixing" and you would see why (clang build failing). If this vote is
ignored and the global state of MP is changed to Approved, jenkins would
change its vote to Approved and merge the code during autolanding.

But I tend to agree with Daniel -- this is just static analysis, why
would you ignore it? Are you concerned that clang is going to produce
false errors?

Martin Mrazik | Product Strategy Quality Lead
Key fingerprint:
0373 C5E5 6A04 39FF 9D06 31B8 B296 2F5D 35FF D83B