Will Mir allow a safe mode?

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 18:13:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

It will be wrong if we say Windows never have driver issue for GPUs.
But Windows maintains a good bottom line in a sense that even if the
GPU driver is not working properly, users won't be thrown to a command
prompt; only smaller resolution and less available colors.

Troubleshooting X issues is another story. Unix maturity is certainly
a prerequisite of X troubleshooting.

Now Mir is coming. Can Mir resolve the old X sucksage? I guess the
problem is not only related to Mir, a working desktop shell that is
suitable for safe mode is needed.

Regards,