Improving Our Docs

Alan Griffiths alan.griffiths at
Fri Jun 21 08:22:06 UTC 2013

On 21/06/13 05:50, Jono Bacon wrote:
>     * How to write a driver that supports Mir. This could be of
>     interest for a hardware company who is interested in exploring Mir
>     support for their hardware.
>       - This can not be documented until we have at least had a first
>     attempt at making it possible to load external code:
> When Alan fixes this bug and we are in a position to do this, would be
> happy to have a crack at writing something here?

Fixing that bug is a small part of the problem (FWIW I should be
proposing a fix later today).

The core of Mir is GPL3 and linking to that is likely to introduce
issues for some hardware companies.

The APIs involved are:

  1. not part of a fixed or versioned ABI; and,
  2. not documented in enough detail for this usage.