mir on mir questions :)

Christopher James Halse Rogers chris at cooperteam.net
Thu Jun 13 06:57:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, 12 Jun, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Alexandros Frantzis
<alexandros.frantzis at canonical.com> wrote:
…  - It was also said that there are some EGL functions I will need
in the
>>  display that are not implemented in our Mir backend for EGL
>> (correct me
>>  if I am wrong here) So, I guess we have to implement them, before we
>>  proceed with the display? Is there something I could do here?
>>
> It's actually a problem with the GL renderer and the buffer allocator,
> not the display. In order to efficiently composite a surface's buffer
> we
> need to be able to get an EGLImage for the underlying native buffer.
> This is not yet supported when using the Mir Mesa EGL platform (which
> the Nested* will be using).
>
> I am not sure what the situation on Android is.

For what it's worth, enabling the EGL_DRM_BUFFER_MESA target of
eglCreateImageKHR would be the work of an hour or so, and would get you
something workable.

Implementing NATIVE_PIXMAP_KHR shouldn't be significantly more effort,
either.