Mir in Ubuntu

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Wed Jun 5 03:34:22 UTC 2013

The protocol stability is not a top priority yet. Because it's totally
hidden behind the API. Protocol changes can still occur with careful
package versioning. Because we can continue to release updates to the
shared mir client library, with opaque changes to the protocol.

It's the API/ABI we need to stabilize sooner because we can't control
the release of third-party apps/toolkits/shells once they start appearing.

The protocol details don't matter until/unless you have multiple
implementations the protocol. And for Mir, that's a long way off.