Quick approval

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Wed Jul 10 02:12:26 UTC 2013

My thoughts on this are:

- If you are in ~mir-devel you are trusted to push changes into lp:mir. You
take responsibility for the changes you make.
- We don't want to push directly since this doesn't guarantee that the test
cases have been run for that commit, so we use merge proposals.
- Merge proposals are a tool to increase quality, not roadblocks to getting
changes in.
- The person who sets the merge proposal to "Approved" is taking
responsibility for that change. It can be a reviewer, or the proposer.
- There's no fixed number of reviews required. It's the responsibility of
the final approver to decide if there has been sufficient review of the
change. If you're in ~mir-devel, you are considered capable of judging how
much review is needed.

--Robert