Hello Gtk Mir backend

Thomas Voß thomas.voss at canonical.com
Tue Jul 9 15:00:37 UTC 2013

Hey Leslie,

really happy to hear that you have started on wiring up GTK to Mir :-)
I'm happy to help out where possible, although I'm less familiar with
GTK's platform abstraction layer. However, having browsed through the
code, you seem to have done a great job in:

already. Can you confirm that you are able to acquire an EGL context?
If so, is there some simple gtk3 example that just renders to the
screen? My intention here is to validate that we have the rendering
piece hooked up before we move on to input.

Thanks again, really happy to see this work being started,