Quick approval

Alan Griffiths alan.griffiths at canonical.com
Tue Jul 9 08:29:35 UTC 2013

On 09/07/13 06:19, Daniel van Vugt wrote:
> All,
>
> I noticed some people are regularly only waiting for a single approval
> on their MPs and then top-approve themselves.
>
> I think top-approving your own MPs is OK if there's already two or
> more reviews from others, and it's been idle for a few days. But
> merging with only one real review, on proposals which are not time
> critical, is probably not ideal. I think we should always be waiting
> for at least a second review, unless it's a time critical issue.
>
> Maybe others in mir-team disagree?
>
> - Daniel

Daniel, thanks for flagging this - we shouldn't let our standards lapse.

Some MPs are trivial enough for it to be obvious there are no problems -
for these I don't care about the number of reviews or think we need to
wait "a few days". At the other extreme some MPs are complex enough that
a reviewer can only see that that there are no obvious problems - for
these it may take days and discussion to reach consensus.

I think it comes to trusting people to know the difference.