Proposal: Drop author fields from copyright headers

Daniel van Vugt daniel.van.vugt at canonical.com
Fri Aug 23 03:30:04 UTC 2013

I think it does make sense to have author fields when they're accurate.

Hopefully people will have some pride in new source files they write.
But more importantly, if the author field is accurate then you know who
to ask about the code.

The issues we've had recently were just bzr getting confused from file
renames and large chunks of code moving around. That should not be the
norm though.