can't start mir natively - 13.04

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at canonical.com
Thu Aug 1 16:34:29 UTC 2013

Hi Dariusz,

You should only need Mir to run it beside another X session. You do not
need any of the driver changes which are only required for XMir.

When run successfully, you only see a black screen. You need to run a
client to see anything.

Though, it sounds like you can't VT switch and the Mir server has failed
(as not showing after a ssh in). If it has crashed I'd recommend checking
for a core dump. Core dumps are disabled by default, enable them by running
'ulimit -c unlimited' before running Mir.

If you continue to have problems, file a bug on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+filebug. Make sure to indicate what
hardware you have (from lspci)

--Robert