Several questions about roadmap

Андрей Башлаков a.bashlakov at corp.vk.com
Tue Oct 31 13:40:47 UTC 2017

Hi all!

1) About use case for RBAC: we have hardware engineers in ours DCs, which responsible for mounting new servers in racks, commisionning, testing and replacing faulted hardware. In our scenario they need to prepare hardware and make possible to use it by system administrators. So they need MaaS functions related to testing and commissioning but they not allowed to manage this hardware (acquire, deploy etc).
2) About hooks and polling. Polling is very slow for us, getting machines info via API took up to 30 seconds on 3 hundred machines and we planning to expand total amount of machines up to several thousand in near future. We using our custom software to wrap MaaS API and run test on machines and we need to decrease status update lag (from running test for machine to get updated status for this machine) to several seconds.

Unfortunately, I’m just junior python programmer (and mostly system administrator rather than developer) and not sure that I can contribute to MaaS source. But I will be very glad to se this changes in MaaS.