Several questions about roadmap

Michael Iatrou michael.iatrou at canonical.com
Mon Oct 30 22:51:15 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Андрей Башлаков <a.bashlakov at corp.vk.com>
wrote:

> Hi, all!

Hello Andrei!

> We have several questions about MaaS roadmap:
> 1) Is there any plans to make role-based user management? Current scheme
> with admins and users is very constrained. We would like to see ability to
> add roles that can, for example, only commission and run test on new
> machines but can’t acquire machines or do anything else;

Can you elaborate on the use case for this functionality?
Commissioning is at least as privileged of an operation as acquisition or
deployment.
Under what circumstances that separation of capabilities is needed?

> 2) Is there any plans to implement custom hooks for events, such as change
> machine state or discovery new machines? We developing internal product
> that actively using MaaS API and currently we need to run several crawlers
> for detecting such changes.

How often does the state of the machines change?
How large is the pool of the managed machines?
Any reason why the polling approach is not sufficient?

Best,
Michael