Change deployment interface on the maas client

Andres Rodriguez andres.rodriguez at canonical.com
Thu Nov 2 14:46:46 UTC 2017

Hi Vladimir,

The deployment interface is based on which interface your machine PXE boots
on (which is controlled by the BIOS). If your machine is PXE booting on
eth0, then this is why this is used for the deployment process.

That said, how's your environment configured? Are both interfaces connected
to the same VLAN ? If both are, then what you need to do is to ensure your
BIOS uses eth1 as the PXE interface.

If you have them in separate VLANs, are you only enabling DHCP on the vlan
connected to eth1 or on both? Depending on which one you may need to
configure your BIOS accordingly.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Vladimir Burlakov <vvb at fgts.ru> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> I have a question.. can i change deployment interface to other, after
> deploy the server.
> f.e.  server has 2 interfaces eth0, eth1, and we added-deployed this
> server in maas
> via eth0, but now we need to move all the conversation between maas and
> server to eth1,
> to free eth0, could you tell, how it can be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir Burlakov

Andres Rodriguez
Engineering Manager, MAAS