Using Ubuntu 16.04 as deploy OS version in MAAS 1.9

sachidananda sahu sachi059 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:18:22 UTC 2017

Thanks a lot Andres, for such a quick response, but we want to have with
Ubuntu 16.06 with Xenial kernel.

So want to have control over the MAAS to select through script to decide
with which Ubuntu version the node will be deployed though they use 14.04
during Enlisting and commissioning.

Is there any client python library exist from where i can select the ubuntu
version before deploying a node.

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:40 PM, Andres Rodriguez <
andres.rodriguez at canonical.com> wrote:

> To add to Blake's response, in 1.9 you can commission with Trusty + the
> Xenial kernel (hwe-x). This is an option on the settings.
>
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM, Blake Rouse <blake.rouse at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>
>> MAAS 1.9 only support Trusty as the commissioning OS. To use Xenial as
>> the commissioning OS please upgrade to MAAS 2.0+. In MAAS 1.9 you can
>> deploy Xenial, just not use it for commissioning.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Blake
>>
>> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:23 AM, Junaid Ali <junaidali at xgrid.co> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried re-syncing the image in 'Images' Tab?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Junaid

>>> --
>>>

>> --