Reclaiming maas space

Mike Pontillo mike.pontillo at canonical.com
Sun Jan 29 05:07:40 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Jim Tilander <jim at tilander.org> wrote:

> Which is pretty much the same as I started with. :(
>
> This is quickly becoming a pretty serious problem for me as I’ve filled up
> the disk once already.
>
> Is there any alternative ways to just nuke the table pg_largeobject ? Can
> maas recover from that?

Sorry it didn't work for you. Looks like we'll need to spend some time
researching a workaround.

I wouldn't recommend deleting that table directly. But I'd like to see if
there are still references to those files in your database. Can you tell us
the output of the following:

$ sudo maas-region dbsell
maasdb=# \pset pager off
maasdb=# select id, sha256, total_size, content from maasserver_largefile
order by id;
maasdb=# select largefile_id, filename, filetype, extra from
maasserver_bootresourcefile order by largefile_id;

Regards,
Mike