Fwd: Freshness of PPAs

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 22 14:10:02 UTC 2017

This is why we put a more semantic structure into snap channels. In snap
channels the sequence of fallback (from edge to beta to candidate to
stable) is predictable. We also are gaining proper series for snaps, so
people won't get major version jump unless they want the latest bits
explicitly.

I think we should drop the MAAS PPAs in favour of classic snaps en route
to strictly confined snaps.

Mark