WiFi connection drops, reconnects every 10 minutes

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Tue Feb 14 22:46:28 UTC 2017

I recently moved my home DHCP and DNS server over to MAAS (2.1.3 from
xenial-updates).

Since doing so, I've noticed that my wifi connection drops and
reconnects (with corresponding Unity pop-up notifications) exactly
every 10 minutes.

I suppose this is due to the fact that MAAS sets DHCP leases to 10
minutes by default?

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Is there a suitable workaround?  Increasing the DHCP lease time?
Using static addresses?  Something else?

Happy to file a bug, if this would be better discussed there, but I
thought I'd start here, in case this is a project design issue...

Thanks,
Dustin Kirkland
Ubuntu Product & Strategy
Canonical, Ltd.