maas not detecting nodes

Mike Pontillo mike.pontillo at canonical.com
Fri Feb 10 06:38:17 UTC 2017

On Feb 9, 2017 10:20 PM, "Mark Shuttleworth" <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:

On 09/02/17 17:41, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> The name "vlan-5005" is just an internal name that MAAS made up for
> your subnet.

Whoa, that's unexpected. If we're making stuff up we should make it look
more made-up than that :)

Perhaps 'segment-f4s3t3' would be a better-looking made-up name for a
slice of network?

It's actually a meaningful name; the '5005' in that example correlates
directly with the VLAN ID, which should make it relatively easy to find its
context via the MAAS API if necessary (or the UI, if you feel like browsing
to a subnet and then manually changing the number at the end of the URL
bar).

Note that MAAS deliberately starts numbering its VLAN identifiers > 5000 so
that we avoid confusing the surrogate key with a VID like you would see on
the wire.

Regards,
Mike