Accessing the metadata API?

Andres Rodriguez andres.rodriguez at canonical.com
Fri Feb 3 14:06:50 UTC 2017

Hi Jim

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Jim Tilander <jim at tilander.org> wrote:

> * Is there a stable API endpoint that one can call during deployment
>> scripts?
>>

> If you are trying to get status of the machine, you could use the machines
> endpoint to see its status, or the events endpoint to show the events for
> the specific machine. Is there any specific information you are looking
> for?

What’s the URL for the machines that I would use? Wouldn’t I need my own ID
> for that?

Yes you would need to be logged in into the API.

> All I wanted to do was to reliably lookup my own FQDN, as well optionally
> get some custom payload for each node into a script that runs during setup.

I would need more context than that, but you could get the FQDN of a
deploying machine in the preseeds context (i.e. node.fqdn()). That said,
you could also do post_install configuration via preseeds.

You could inject user_data on the deployment (if doing so via the API of
course).

--
Andres Rodriguez
Engineering Manager, MAAS