Accessing the metadata API?

Andres Rodriguez andres.rodriguez at canonical.com
Wed Feb 1 21:22:52 UTC 2017

Hi Jim,

I just wanted to add some info inline:

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Jim Tilander <jim at tilander.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there some up to date information on how to access the metadata API?
>
> This seems woefully out of date and also incorrect: https://maas.
> ubuntu.com/docs/development/metadata.html
>
> Looking at the apache access logs, there are different paths that are
> begin accessed.

* Is there a stable API endpoint that one can call during deployment
> scripts?

If you are trying to get status of the machine, you could use the machines
endpoint to see its status, or the events endpoint to show the events for
the specific machine. Is there any specific information you are looking
for?

* Can one call the metadata API post deployment?
> * How are the nodes supposed to authenticate? I keep getting Forbidden
> replies.

This may be an indication of mis-configuration. Please make sure that
/etc/maas/rackd.conf points to an IP the machines you are
commissioning/deploying can access to, and in port 5240. (e.g. maas_url:
http://10.90.90.1:5240/MAAS)

> Cheers,
> Jim

Andres Rodriguez