Error connecting to BMC

Ryan troll1602 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:27:25 UTC 2017

I am having some trouble with power management with nodes via Intel AMT.
The specific error I am receiving is on the Nodes page for a manually added
node, in the Power section:

Could not connect to BMC. Check BMC configuration and try again.

I'm guessing this error is more a result of my lack of understanding for
how BMC (specifically Intel AMT) is interacting with DHCP. Are there
resources online to learn more about this?

For example if I set the Power Address for a node (from BIOS menu) to
192.168.10.10 I assuming that I also need to statically assign the same IP
Address for this node. But does then mean I need to manually add each node
to MAAS, instead of letting MAAS enlist nodes automatically on that subnet?

Thanks for the help!

MAAS Version 2.1.5+bzr5596-0ubuntu1 (16.04.1)

-Ryan M.