[Maas-devel] RFC: "Serialising" power actions

Julian Edwards julian.edwards at canonical.com
Fri Sep 19 00:46:31 UTC 2014

On Thursday 18 Sep 2014 16:01:48 Gavin Panella wrote:
> During the 1.7 Feature Review call today, Kiko noted this discussion and
> brought us to a consensus:
>
> * Don't queue anything.
>
> * If there's a power command already in progress, reject the new
>   command, and return an error to the caller.
>
> This is not ideal, and that is well understood. However, it is simple
> and achievable in time for release, and provides unsurprising behaviour.

As a short term solution, I think it's great.  And then once we get more
feedback on real-world use cases and scenarios, we can think about tweaking it
as necessary.

This has been one of the best technical discussions I've seen or been involved
in with MAAS for a while, thanks for making it a good one!