[Maas-devel] Versioning for RPC commands

Julian Edwards julian.edwards at canonical.com
Tue Sep 9 03:02:40 UTC 2014

This is mostly directed at Gavin but sent to maas-devel for wider
consideration.

In the web API we have an explicit API version as part of the path to the
resources, however with RPC we don't have any built-in versioning.  This has
already lead to GetBootSources growing into GetBootSourcesV2.

Is this generally how we want to proceed with the internal API, or is it worth
adding something in the protocol itself to deal with this in a transparently
consistent way?