[Maas-devel] VLAN Testing update from Juju

Raphaël Badin raphael.badin at canonical.com
Thu Mar 27 15:41:35 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 04:30 PM, Graham Binns wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just come off the Juju cross team call. There, Dimiter (CC'd)
> mentioned that he's working on the Juju networks functionality at the
> moment,  has installed MAAS and is working to find out what API calls
> need to be issued when, etc.
>
> The only real sticking point is finding out whether a MAAS instance is
> capable of handling API requests for networks - or rather finding out
> what its API capabilities are at all. Dimiter has filed a bug [1]
> about this, which is triaged high. (We'll all have seen this already,
> of course). AIUI it's not a blocker for the Juju work, but it is a
> very-nice-to-have.
>
> Dimiter, can you confirm that so far you've run into no other issues
> on the MAAS side? We'll be happy to offer any assistance we can.
>
>   [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1297814

Actually, I fixed this bug this morning: the new API endpoint is at
'/version/' (the daily package has it).

Gavin is working on sorting out the documentation side of this but
basically, you can call '/version/' and you get a JSON dict back.  The
dict has a 'capabilities' entry: a list of all the features that MAAS
supports (e.g. http://paste.ubuntu.com/7163362/).  'networks-management'
is the name of the capability you're looking for.  Of course, a missing
'/version/' endpoint means the capability isn't supported.