[Maas-devel] MAAS avahi/zeroconf support

Gavin Panella gavin.panella at canonical.com
Thu Jan 9 23:26:52 UTC 2014

On 13 August 2013 11:50, Gavin Panella <gavin.panella at canonical.com> wrote:
> A MAAS region controller advertises itself via zeroconf, chiefly
> (solely?) to support enlisting a machine using the installation CD. Is
> this still a core story for MAAS? Does anyone know if it's widely
> used? I'm collecting information regarding bug 1155607 [1].

This bug has been fixed, but the lack of response here, the lack of
questions about zeroconf support on the user's mailing list, and my
lack of recall of any zeroconf or avahi questions on #maas, makes this
look installation via zeroconf/avahi is a barely used feature. Its
support in MAAS brings in a few dependencies and has soaked up more
than its fair share of bug fixing time, so I'm fairly keen to see it
go in time for Trusty.

Any objections? Last call!

Gavin.