[Maas-devel] MAAS nodes and swap

Andreas Hasenack andreas at canonical.com
Mon Nov 11 12:00:44 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Julian Edwards <
julian.edwards at canonical.com> wrote:

> On 08/11/13 21:55, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Julian Edwards
> > <julian.edwards at canonical.com <mailto:julian.edwards at canonical.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> >     Also, have a close look at
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CloudInit
> >     to see if anything can help you.
> >

> > cloud-init would help for sure, but how can I inject it?
>
> You can run scripts as part of cloud-init, so you'd be able to write one
> to set up some swap.  Just add the script to the user data that's passed
> to MAAS, or edit the contrib/preseeds_v2/generic template's post_scripts
> section.

Hi, thanks for the pointers.

I'm looking at /etc/maas/preseeds, and some of those files are cloud-config
files. In particular I see curtin_userdata, which seems to imply that I
could add my swap setup script in there, and have it used by the fastpath
installer (curtin).