[Maas-devel] Stop the line: tests horribly broken on quantal

Julian Edwards julian.edwards at canonical.com
Fri Sep 21 04:01:56 UTC 2012

Dear devs

MAAS is broken on quantal, this needs to be fixed ASAP.  If you are not on
quantal, or don't have access to a box running quantal, you need to rectify
this *immediately* please.

The test output has a lot of this in it:
maas.maasserver: ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py", line
111, in get_response
    response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/views/decorators/vary.py",
line 19, in inner_func
    response = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/ed/.buildout/eggs/django_piston-0.2.3-
py2.7.egg/piston/resource.py", line 184, in __call__
    if isinstance(result, HttpResponse) and not result._is_string:
AttributeError: 'HttpResponse' object has no attribute '_is_string'

This is because Piston 0.2.3 is not compatible with Django 1.4.  Unfortunately
there is no new release of Piston to fix this :(  We will have to backport the
fix in Piston's trunk to the quantal package.

I don't know if there are any other pertinent errors since the output is so
polluted by this it's hard to tell if the others are because of this or not.

The Piston fix is here:
https://bitbucket.org/jespern/django-piston/changeset/7c90898072ce

Andres, can you backport to the quantal python-django-piston please?

Thanks