[Maas-devel] Updated build system to use system packages (you need to install packages)

Francis J. Lacoste francis.lacoste at canonical.com
Wed Feb 29 16:29:14 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I've landed a branch that update our buildout system to get runtime
dependencies from the system packages instead of getting them from PyPi.

In theory, if you don't have the package installed, it will fallback
from PyPI, but because I've turned off allow-picked-versions (which
requires that all versions be specified), it's possible that it will
fail because of missing versions. That's because some dependencies
resolved from site-packages were not picked-up by buildout-versions:

(https://github.com/Simplistix/buildout-versions/issues/5)

You could add the Ubuntu versions to versions.cfg as we find those, but
it's easier to simply install the missing dependencies:

    $ sudo apt-get install python-django python-django-piston \
        python-django-south python-twisted python-txamqp python-amqplib\
        python-formencode python-oauth python-oops \
	python-oops-datedir-repo python-twisted python-oops-wsgi \
	python-psycopg2 python-yaml

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste at canonical.com