[Maas-devel] Upgrading from 12.04 packaging in SRU

Francis J. Lacoste francis.lacoste at canonical.com
Thu Aug 23 15:10:38 UTC 2012

On 12-08-22 04:47 PM, Andres Rodriguez wrote:
>> > When we release the cobbler-less SRU, we need to make sure it upgrades from
>> > the old setup properly.
> As it was agreed and discussed, SRU'ing is tricky as it would mean
> promoting dependencies to main in precise which are in universe, such as
> python-celery; besides the fact, of course, that doing so doesn't really
> apply to a SRU. We believe it is better to stay with PPA's.

Hi Andres,

Where was this agreed and discussed? That's news to me that we won't do
a SRU for Precise. Even earlier this week, when Daviey told me we had
missed the deadline for 12.04.1, he was still saying that the gates of
SRU were always open.

Is the new dependencies the only blocker for a SRU? And how much of a
blocker is it really?

Thanks for the clarifications

--
Francis J. Lacoste